Soil pollution is a worldwide problem which degrades our soils, poisons the food we eat, the water we drink and the air we breathe. These are serious problems that can be hard to detect but whose impact on society is tremendous. It may seem far away but everyone, everywhere is affected one way or another. World Soil Day is commemorated annually on the 5th of December every year. At American Language Services we believe it is the time to combat this threatening reality. Combatting soil pollution requires us to join forces and turn determination into action. Be the solution to soil pollution. #StopSoilPollution
Birthdays of Well-known Individuals
- WALT DISNEY: DECEMBER 5, 1901 – Walter Elias Disney was a sketch artist from an early age, and his cartoons from the 1920s were so successful that he eventually opened his own studio, where Mickey Mouse was born.
- SAMMY DAVIS JR.: DECEMBER 8, 1925 – Sammy Davis, Jr. was destined for show business. He was also particularly known for his celebrity impressions, which you can see here, including an impressive Michael Jackson mimic.
- EMILY DICKINSON: DECEMBER 10, 1830 – Emily Dickinson is one of America’s greatest and most original poets of all time.
- ADA LOVELACE: DECEMBER 10, 1815 – A brilliant mathematician, she was up to the task, and developed the world’s first computer software, a century before there was an actual computer to use it. Take that, modern coders.
- FRANK SINATRA: DECEMBER 12, 1915 – Francis Albert Sinatra was an American singer, actor, and producer who was one of the most popular and influential musical artists of the 20th century.
Some Interesting Interpreting & Translation Projects Completed in November
Recently, we completed a Spanish interpreting job on ethnographies for a major market research organization. We also provided ASL interpreting for meetings, which are held on an ongoing basis, for our client the Long Island Railroad. In addition, we also completed Vietnamese transcriptions of Interviews for The Historic New Orleans Collection. Another interesting transcription project was providing Spanish to English transcriptions regarding the effects of Hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico for a Major University.
Additionally, we also completed a Multi-Lingual Translations of Medical instructions for a fortune 500 Medical provider. We translated their documents to Spanish, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Korean, Vietnamese, Tagalog and Creole. Furthermore, we did a multi-dimensional language project including translations and voiceovers for one of our regular clients. We provided them with Arabic, Haitian, Spanish and Chinese (Simplified Characters) Translation. We also provided them with Arabic, Mandarin and Haitian Creole Voice-Overs. As a key player in the language industry, American Language Services commits to provide you with the most exceptional and professional services.
AML-Global stands the test of time in providing translation, interpretation, transcription and media services to private industry, government at all levels, educational and non-profit organizations. Our thousands of linguists around the world and teams of dedicated professionals are ready to serve. Call Us Now: 1-800-951-5020 for further information, visit our website https://www.alsglobal.net or for a quote go to http://alsglobal.net/quick-quote.php and we will respond promptly.