TOP 10 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Over the last 3 decades we have been asked, literally, thousands of questions about our services and company. Below, we have put together a top 10 list of questions and our answers for your review.
- Do I need to bring my documents in-person to get them translated? There is no need to do so. In fact, we do not take walk-ins or set office appointments for this. Everything can be done more effectively by email or via our web site.
- Are your linguists employees or independent contractors? The linguists are strictly independent contractors. They are vetted and selected for their language skills, specific background, credentials and past project experiences.
- Why do I need to utilize 2 ASL Interpreters? ASL Interpreters work in pairs for all assignments over 1 hour. They do so because ASL interpreters need frequent breaks to rest their hands, fingers, and wrists. This is also industry standard and consistent with the American Disabilities Act.
- What is the difference between Simultaneous and Consecutive Interpreting? a. Simultaneous is the most popular method of interpreting where interpreters convey what is said in real-time on an ongoing basis. There are virtually no pauses in conversation between the speaker, the interpreter and the audience.
b. Consecutive interpretation takes place when the speaker talks for longer periods of time and then stops. The speaker is followed by the interpreter’s translation of what was said to the audience. During these sessions, there are pauses between sentences when each party speaks.
- Are the certifications the same for interpreters and translation of documents? a. The two certifications are completely different from each other.
b. For interpreters, the certification reflects that they have completed a rigorous educational training program and are properly skilled to provide accurate and effective interpreting. The interpreters pass a comprehensive certification test in order to receive their certification.
c. For translated documents, certifications are a written Declaration/ Affidavit verifying their accuracy. The Declaration/ Affidavit are then notarized and the two documents are submitted together. These certifications are used for legal proceedings, official submittals to governmental institutions and for other entities requiring certified documents.
- Do you guarantee your work? Our emphasis in everything we do is for providing excellent and consistently high quality work. In this regards, as a testimony to our quality, we are ISO 9001 & ISO 13485 certified and have been for many years running. We guarantee our work 100%.
- What are your top 10 interpreted languages ? Spanish, ASL, Mandarin, Korean, Japanese, Russian, French, Arabic, Farsi & Vietnamese.
- What are your top 10 translated languages? Spanish, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Brazilian Portuguese, Korean, Japanese, Russian, French, Arabic & Vietnamese.
- How many countries do you work in? We have worked in almost every continent in the world and have completed services in hundreds of countries.
- I am a translator, how can I apply to work for your company? We have an established process in place to assist you to register with our Linguist Resource VMS Web Portal. Please email Erik, our Sourcing Manager who will provide further details. His email is: email@example.com
We’re always here for you. Contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1-800-951-5020 for a prompt quote.