American Language Services (AML-Global) offers technologies that provide greater efficiency, enhanced security, and increased cost savings. In today’s highly competitive global environment, it’s essential that language companies stay ahead of the competition.
AML-Global is proud to utilize industry-leading technology throughout our translation process. Our tools are vendor-neutral, allowing our clients to share content repositories with other types of vendors they utilize. We also have many software products that can ease localization in CMS and database environments.
So, you can rest easy knowing that AML-Global has the technical know-how to handle your language project.
AML Global 5.0 is a proprietary translation management system developed by American Language Services (AML-Global). It not only improves our customers’ experience, but also saves them money, and speeds up the translation process.
Set up your secured account click: Clients-Create an Account
Set up your secured account click: Clients-Create an Account
AML Global 5.0 System Benefits
The AML Global 5.0 system provides numerous benefits for our clients:
- 4/7 Access: Our clients can request, initiate, monitor, review, and retrieve projects via password. This system and its help desk are available 24/7.
- Security Measures: AML Global uses SSL-compliant networks to transfer and maintain files. This ensures data confidentiality. We also employ a specialized IT team to back up our servers and hard drives on a daily basis.
- Translation Memory (TM): This feature is at the foundation of the modern translation process. By analyzing new documents for repetitive words and phrases, TM improves the consistency of your content and saves you money.
- Usability: Translations can be submitted and received by multiple people in an organization. Each person will create a login and be limited to his or her projects. Managers, meanwhile, will be able to see everything in the pipeline. All of this is tied together with an intuitive, easy-to-use UI.
- All-in-One: The Portal works in conjunction with our other systems to enable clients to administer their work anywhere, any time.
- Click the link allowing you access to the Portal interface.
- Select your new password.
- Choose whether you want to upload a file for a new project, create a quote request, monitor project progress, leave a comment, or download a completed file.
- Log-in to see your individual projects.
- Review what stage that project is currently at.
AML-Global utilizes Computer-Assisted Translation (CAT) tools to facilitate reuse of previously translated content. These tools help organize projects, shorten delivery timelines, improve translation consistency, and cut costs.
Translation Memory Software (TM)
Translation memory software is an important element of the translation process. This allows translators to accelerate translation speed while maintaining a high level of consistency and superior quality. This is critical when it is found that the same or similar content is being translated time and time again. These TM tools, such as SDL Trados Professional, Word Fast and others provide what is needed to edit and review high quality translations, manage projects and keep terminology consistent in one comprehensive powerful solution. They help translate faster and smarter while presenting a unified brand to the world.
SDL Trados Studio, for example, is a complete translation environment for language professionals who want to edit, review and manage translation projects as well as corporate terminology.
Interpreting Equipment and Project Management
American Language Services uses state-of-the-art audio equipment to ensure optimal audio performance for your event. Our equipment and booths meet all ISO 4043 specifications.
Our full booths are enclosed with ample space for multiple interpreters, while our sound reduction booths are ideal for events facing space or budget constraints.
Here is some equipment we offer:
- Application-Based Hotspot and Wireless Technology
- Body Pack Transmitters
- Sound-Reduction Booths
We also provide full technical support for your event. Expert technicians are contacted and are experienced in working with all types of equipment and most importantly in all kinds of environments. Technical support includes on-site consultation, equipment set-up/breakdown and ongoing monitoring. The support team will interface with the event location to make sure delivery, set up and technical specifications are coordinated and understood.
We contract a team of highly-skilled transcriptionists who utilize the most sophisticated equipment on the market today. Our transcription armory includes:
- Background Cleaner Tools
- Desktop Transcriptions
- Foot Pedals
- Professional Headsets with Sound Enhancements
- Sound Conversion Equipment
- Transcription Kits
- Transcription Software (Dragon, Express Scribe, NCH, Transcribe, etc.
Expert transcriptionists have worked in highly-specialized industries including medical, legal, and entertainment. They can deliver verbatim or non-verbatim transcription depending on your needs. Time coding can also be provided by request.
Also, transcriptionists combine state of the art technology, years if experience along with intuitive skills. They’re critical-thinkers who’ll deliver nothing less than complete and total accuracy. A unique combination of technology, experience, and intuition, allows our transcriptionists to deliver work that is both timely and accurate.
American Language Services (AML-Global) has been providing comprehensive media services since 1985. Expert linguists and production teams work with innovative technology to create high-quality videos, dubbing, and voiceovers.
Voice Over & Dubbing
In a voice-over, the source material can be heard beneath the newly-implemented audio. This is often referred to as ‘ducking’ a source. Dubbing, meanwhile, is the complete replacement of one audio source with another.
Tools of the Trade
Utilizing our ultramodern video production studio, we can implement lip-synced voice-overs, produce regional dubbing, and even localize pre-existing graphics for your project.
Our recording studio features:
- Digi Design and Shure KSM27 Microphones: These produce crisp, clear voice-overs.
- Preamps with Onboard Effect Processors: Without these, our videos would be flat and lifeless.
- Pro Tools Platinum: This is the industry standard digital recording platform.
- Whisper Room Isolation Booths: These guarantee clear recordings.
All productions are supervised and engineered by industry professionals.
What Is Subtitling?
Subtitles are captions found at the bottom of media that translate the speech of the characters into onscreen text. This text can be found on everything from DVDs to cable television.
AML-Global Uses Top-Of-the-Line Software
You need the perfect mix of human editors, creativity, and cutting-edge technology to get subtitling done right. Luckily, it’s a recipe we learned the secret of a long time ago. On the technology front, utilizing software that allows language editing, video conversion, and video compression is a must. These support tools work in combination with the specific medium and technical elements you request.
We use a variety of subtitling software including:
- Aegisub Advanced Subtitle Editor
- AHD Subtitles Maker
- DivXLand Media Subtitler
- Subtitle Edit
- Subtitle Editor
- Subtitle Workshop
Some of Our Happy Clients
Click Here to see our client list.
Ready to get Started?
We’re always here for you. Contact us by email at Translation@alsglobal.net or call us at 1-800-951-5020 for a prompt quote.