Human Resource professionals have been facing extremely daunting challenges over the last year. Layoffs, furloughs, rapidly changing work protocols and now back to work protocols. As the nation starts getting back to pre-pandemic normal coupled with the new reality of increased virtual work environments once more HR departments are rapidly being challenged to rewrite the rules.
We are helping hundreds of companies and organizations with multilingual workforces navigate through the pandemic by supplying language needs and updating their communications and compliance in a swiftly changing workplace environment. We have worked with scores of HR departments translating material from Employee Handbooks, Announcements, Benefit information to compliance and Legal documents.
For verbal interpreting, the shift has gone to video remote interpreting (VRI). We do hundreds of VRI assignments in Zoom, and other popular platforms, for meetings, benefit summaries, interviews, and events. We have been assisting #HumanResource departments in a variety of ways. We also know that on-site interpreting will be back soon and that it will have its own set of protocols and challenges which we can help guide you through. Below are some vital tips in helping comply with the demands of times.
- Establish a dependable language partner who can respond rapidly to your needs
- Make sure your translation partner has expedited services available.
- if the company is ISO Certified as ISO certified companies will produce the best quality.
- Make sure the company is up to date with technology and providing you with Translation Memory to reduce cost and increase consistency and speed. There is no need to be charged over and over again for translating updates and changes.
- Confirm that the company you use has extensive experience with HR and legal documents and compliance. Ask for references.
- Do a small sample translation to ensure the process and deliverable work within your time frames and budgets.
- Keep key dates in mind and try to prepare material for translation for these dates as early as possible when possible.
- For Interpreting needs, schedule meeting times for employee needs and related issues that require foreign languages as soon as you can after they are made to ensure availability in the language you need when needed.
- Make sure you understand your workforce’s dialect and specific needs particularly in rarer languages.
- Make sure the platform you are using for virtual meetings is tested for multiple languages and interpreting and your agency has experienced and skilled interpreters.
About American Language Services
- Since 1985, our company has worked diligently to become a go-to provider of Human Resource language services. We are one of the largest, most successful language service providers, not just in the U.S., but worldwide. Our language experts provide a full range of language services in over 150 languages. We also are ISO 9001 & ISO 13485 certified that is a testament to our excellent processes. Because of the importance of a quick response, we’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- AML-Global possesses some of the most impressive human resource translators and interpreters in the world. These highly skilled language professionals are recruited, screened, and tested to ensure high-quality work. Our stringent hiring requirements ensure that you’ll get the exact expertise you need for your next project.
- By paying meticulous attention to detail, AML-Global has earned an outstanding reputation for providing cost-effective, high-quality language services for a wide variety of human resource projects.
- Contact us by email at email@example.com or call 1-800-951-5020 for a free estimate on your next project.