Since 1974, Earth Day has been held each year on April 22.Â It is estimated that more than 1 billion people in 192 countries now take part in what is the largest civic-focused day of action in the world. American Language Services is committed to environmentally responsible practices. At AML-Global we incorporate the spirit of Earth Day into our lives throughout the year by Recycling, clean energy use, and supporting non-profits and green companies.
Birthdays of Well-known Individuals
- WASHINGTON IRVING: APRIL 3, 1783: Washington Irving is best known for writing The Legend of Sleepy Hollow and Rip Van Winkle, but his body of work is quite extensive.
- MAYA ANGELOU: APRIL 4, 1928: Maya Angelou was an author, poet, and Civil Rights activist, but her life included periods in which she was a singer, dancer, composer, educator, and even movie director.
- BOOKER T. WASHINGTON: APRIL 5, 1856: Born a slave in Virginia, Booker T. Washington grew up during Reconstruction and the beginning of the Jim Crow era.
- BILLIE HOLIDAY: APRIL 7, 1915: Legendary singer Billie Holiday had a rough start in life. She was born into poverty to a teenage mother, began working as a child, dropped out of school in fifth grade, spent time at a reformatory, and was arrested for prostitution at the age of 15.
- CHARLIE CHAPLIN: APRIL 16, 1889: Charlie Chaplin was born to parents who were both music hall performers in England, and young Chaplin made his stage debut at age five.
Highlights of some Interesting Interpreting & Translation Projects Completed in April
Recently, we completed a Spanish translation project regarding “Be Red Cross Ready PowerPoint Presentation – Presenter’s Guide” for our regular client American Red Cross, it was a very interesting and rewarding project. Another translation project we did was for a major marketing campaign, it was in 10 languages which includes Spanish, Vietnamese, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Thai, German, French, Hindi, and Punjabi. In addition, we also completed a German and Swedish Translation project for a Major Hollywood Film Studio.
Moreover, we also completed 50 hours of Spanish to English transcription project for a major legal case for Nevada state public defender. Also, we successfully completed a Chinese to English Transcription project for the US Department of justice for a Legal Case.
Furthermore, we provided multiple sign language interpreter for a legal case for a major law firm. In addition, we also provided Spanish interpreters and conference equipment to LSU for a conference regarding Last in a serious of Hazardous material Training for the local Authorities in Puerto Rico. Another interesting project we completed was for Chubb Insurance, we provided them with Korean as well as Japanese interpreting and conference Equipment at The Waldorf Las Vegas. The conference was a International Sales award conference.
As a key player in language industry, American Language Services commits to provide you with the most exceptional and professional services. AML-Global stands the test of time in providing translation, interpretation, transcription and media services to private industry, government at all levels, educational and non-profit organizations. Our thousands of linguists around the world and teams of dedicated professionals are ready to serve.