On November 9, 1989, the infamous Berlin Wall, was taken down. This ominous wall stood as a harrowing barrier for nearly three decades, and Germany finally was re-unified. The fall of the Berlin Wall marked a major step in the disintegration of the Iron Curtain, paving the way to the liberation of Eastern and Central Europe from the grip of communism and marking a decisive victory for freedom-loving people across Europe. Recently, U.S. President Donald Trump, proclaimed November 9, 2018, as World Freedom Day to pay tribute to the brave individuals who, despite all risks, have challenged injustice and fought for freedom, especially those who have made the ultimate sacrifice.
Birthdays of Well-known Individuals
- DANIEL BOONE: NOVEMBER 2, 1734 – Frontiersman Daniel Boone was one of first folk heroes to emerge in American history.
- MARIE CURIE: NOVEMBER 7, 1867 – Marie Curie is best known for being a pioneer for women in sciences and for being the first person ever (and only woman in history) to be awarded two Nobel Prizes.
- CARL SAGAN: NOVEMBER 9, 1934 – Carl Sagan was an astronomy professor at Cornell University and a consultant for NASA, but he was best known for inspiring the public with his reverence for the universe around us.
- GEORGIA O’KEEFFE: NOVEMBER 15, 1887 – The Georgia O’Keeffe Museum in Santa Fe has over 240 of her oil paintings, watercolors, and sculptures.
- ALAN SHEPARD: NOVEMBER 18, 1923 – One of NASA’s original Mercury astronauts, Alan Shepard went down in history as the first American in space when he rode the Freedom 7 spacecraft.
Some Interesting Interpreting & Translation Projects Completed in November
Recently, AML-Global, one of the finest nationwide language service providers, completed a translation project regarding back to school health readiness for national distribution for an important national Non-Profit organization. The document was translated to Spanish. Another translation project we did was a multi-lingual translation of Renewable Energy information for State Energy agency. We translated the document to Spanish, Korean, Tagalog, Chinese (Simplified Character), Japanese and Vietnamese. In addition, we also did a multi-lingual translation for a Major university. The document was translated to Spanish, Japanese, Korean and French. We also did a Spanish survey translation for a big Washington Think Tank.
Additionally, we also completed several interpreting projects. One of those was for a 3 week Iraq emergency defense conference. We provided them with Arabic interpreting and equipment such as headsets, receivers and transmitters in New Mexico. Another interpreting project we completed was a Japanese Interpreting job for a video Conference at a major Law Firm. Another interesting job we successfully completed was an Amazon Reinvent conference in Las Vegas. We provided them with Japanese, Korean and Mandarin interpretation and cutting edge, HOT SPOT technology equipment. We also provided ASL interpreter for Guests at the MGM properties for multiple shows. Moreover, we also provided onsite closed captioning for a huge conference at a Major University. As a key player in language industry, American Language Services commits to provide you with the most exceptional and professional services.
AML-Global stands the test of time in providing translation, interpretation, transcription and media services to private industry, government at all levels, educational and non-profit organizations. Our thousands of linguists around the world and teams of dedicated professionals are ready to serve. Call Us Now: 1-800-951-5020 for further information, visit our website https://www.alsglobal.net or for a quote go to http://alsglobal.net/quick-quote.php and we will respond promptly.