July is a busy and exciting time in the United
States. With hot weather and school vacation, it is a popular time for families
to travel to beach vacations along the coasts or lakes. The biggest July celebration
across the country is the Fourth of July, which celebrates the country s
independence from the British in 1776 with fireworks and festivals. Some employees
at AML-Global use their vacation days to create a long weekend so that they can
escape the heat at their favorite beach or vacation spot.
Birthdays of Well-known Individuals in July
1. JULY 1, 1961: PRINCESS DIANA - Diana, the Princess of Wales, was adored by many as she changed the way people viewed the Royal Family.
2. JULY 4, 1971: KOKO THE GORILLA - Koko, the famous research gorilla who passed away in 2018, knew more than 1000 words of modified American Sign Language and loved cats.
3. JULY 4, 1918: ESTHER LEDERER AND PAULINE PHILLIPS - Twin sisters Esther Lederer and Pauline Phillips (born Friedman) went on to pen the Ann Landers and Dear Abby advice columns, respectively.
4. JULY 6, 1907: FRIDA KAHLO - Painter Frida Kahlo was born and died in the same house, a building nicknamed “La Casa Azul” for its blue exterior.
5. JULY 9, 1956: TOM HANKS - Tom Hanks is one of only two actors to win back-to-back Best Acting Oscars: Hanks won his first Best Actor Oscar in 1994 for his performance in Philadelphia (1993), and he followed that up with another Oscar for Forrest Gump the next year.
Large events such as conferences take great coordination and preparation to be successful. This can increase dramatically when conference interpreting services are needed to serve a multilingual audience.
To ensure a smooth and successful event, preparation for interpreter services should begin with ample time (60-90 days in advance minimum) until the event.
Without proper prep time there are risks of not obtaining the best interpreters for your event since the most qualified and experienced interpreters are the most in demand and may not be available if the notice is too short.
Highlights of some Interesting Interpreting & Translation Projects Completed in July
Recently, AML-Global completed several interesting language projects. One of the most interesting projects was providing a documentary filmmaker with French to English interview transcriptions for an upcoming film.
Another interpreting assignment we completed was a legal interpreting assignment in Chicago in the Fuzhou language to the United States Department of Labor.
One more project we completed was an American Sign Language (ASL) interpreting for a 3-day conference in Virginia regarding real estate investing. We also provided a full week of Hebrew interpreting for the United States Marine Corp in California. Another assignment we completed was providing new cutting-edge state of the art interpreting equipment for a worldwide food brand for their corporate meetings.
Our technical experts did an installation of Wi-Fi capable headsets and transmitters which are the newest product in the marketplace. In addition to that we also completed several translation projects.
We provided a major non-profit with a 50,000-word English to Spanish Translation of family help resource guides. Another interesting translation project we completed was a multiple documents translation that we completed for a leading legal investigation firm; we translated the documents into EU French for international service under the Hague Convention.
As a key player in language industry, American Language Services commits to provide you with the most exceptional and professional services. AML-Global stands the test of time in providing translation, interpretation, transcription and media services to private industry, government at all levels, educational and non-profit organizations. Our thousands of linguists around the world and teams of dedicated professionals are ready to serve.
Call Us Now: 1-800-951-5020 for further information, visit our website https://www.alsglobal.net or for a quote go to http://alsglobal.net/quick-quote.php and we will respond promptly.