American Heart Month isnít just for lovers. Even though Valentineís Day is also in February.† February also reminds us to take care of our heart and consider our risk factors. Heart disease is the No. 1 killer of men and women each year, leading to the deaths of about 610,000 people each year in the United States. Believe it or not, heart disease can happen at any age. American Heart Month teaches us the ways we can help reduce our risks while eliminating those we have control over. Get involved in American Heart Month. Spread the word about strategies for preventing heart disease, living heart-healthy lives and donít forget to use the hashtag #AmericanHeartMonth.
Birthdays of Well-known Individuals†
Some Interesting Interpreting & Translation Projects Completed in February
- FEBRUARY 1, 1902: LANGSTON HUGHES - James Mercer Langston Hughes was an American poet, social activist, novelist, playwright, and columnist from Joplin, Missouri.
- FEBRUARY 3, 1874: GERTRUDE STEIN - Stein is considered one of the great American authors of the 20th century, and a key figure in the Modernism movement.
- FEBRUARY 4, 1913: ROSA PARKS - The "mother of the freedom movement" became a Civil Rights icon when she refused to move to the back of an Alabama bus in 1955.
- FEBRUARY 7, 1867: LAURA INGALLS WILDER - Laura Elizabeth Ingalls Wilder was an American writer known for the Little House on the Prairie series of children's books.
- FEBRUARY 11, 1846: THOMAS EDISON - Thomas Alva Edison was an American inventor and businessman, who has been described as America's greatest inventor.
Recently, we did a Portuguese interpreting job for the tv critics assoc. conference for a Major TV Network. Another interesting project we completed was for a huge government agency; we interpreted Spanish for a retirement meeting for them. One more important project we did was for a major medical device company; we provided them with Korean and Japanese Interpreting and equipment such as sound reduction booths, transmitters, microphones and headphones for a Medical Device conference.
In addition to that, AML-Global also completed a couple of Global Management study Translation for a Major Law Firm into Simplified Chinese.
As a key player in the language industry, American Language Services commits to provide you with the most exceptional and professional services. AML-Global stands the test of time in providing translation, interpretation, transcription and media services to private industry, government at all levels, educational and non-profit organizations. Our thousands of linguists around the world and teams of dedicated professionals are ready to serve.
Call Us Now: 1-800-951-5020 for further information, visit our website https://www.alsglobal.net
† or for a quote go to http://alsglobal.net/quick-quote.php
and we will respond promptly.